1. The worst time to visit Aruba is during the hurricane season, which runs from June to November 2. The island is also less crowded and more expensive during the winter months 3. If you want to avoid the crowds, visit Aruba in the shoulder season between April and May, or September and October 4. Keep in mind that prices for hotels and flights tend to be higher during the Christmas and New Year's holidays
Aruba is a small island in the southern Caribbean Sea, located just north of Venezuela. Although it is only 19 miles long and 6 miles wide, Aruba is a popular tourist destination, thanks to its white sand beaches, clear turquoise waters, and year-round sunny weather.
The island is also known for its Dutch architecture and heritage, as well as its lively nightlife scene. Despite its small size, tourist numbers have been steadily increasing in recent years, reaching over 1.5 million visitors in 2017. In order to sustain its tourism industry, Aruba has had to make some changes, such as instituting a carry-on luggage limit and banning plastic straws.
However, like any vacation destination, there are certain times of the year when it is better to visit than others. The worst time to visit Aruba is during the hurricane season, which runs from June to November. While hurricanes are relatively rare in Aruba, they can still cause significant damage to the island. Hurricane Irma caused extensive damage to Aruba in 2017, and Hurricane Maria caused even more damage to the nearby island of Puerto Rico.
Note: If you are planning a trip to Aruba, it is best to avoid the hurricane season altogether.
Why is Hurricanes season the Worst Time To Visit Aruba?
One time of year when visitors should think twice before booking a trip to Aruba: is hurricane season.
Hurricane season runs from June to November, and during this time the island is at risk for severe weather conditions.
Hurricanes can bring high winds and heavy rains, which can damage buildings and cause flooding. In addition, hurricanes can disrupt travel plans and force visitors to change their itineraries.
For these reasons, it is best to avoid Aruba during hurricane season.
What is the rainiest month in Aruba?
Aruba island has a tropical climate, with warm weather and high humidity year-round.
However, the island does experience a rainy season, which typically runs from October to January.
During this time, the island receives the majority of its rainfall. December is usually the rainiest month, with an average of 9 inches of rain.
However, Aruba is still a popular destination during the rainy season, as the rains are usually short-lived and do not tend to disrupt vacation plans.
Does Aruba get bad weather?
Aruba can occasionally be affected by bad weather conditions.
For example, the island was hit by Hurricane Irma in 2017, causing extensive damage. Aruba can also be affected by tropical storms and hurricanes that develop in the Atlantic Ocean.
However, these storms typically occur during the hurricane season, which runs from June to November.
Outside of hurricane season, Aruba generally experiences clear skies and warm weather.
What is considered off season in Aruba?
As a result, the Aruba island is busy with visitors throughout most of the year.
However, there is still an “off-season” of sorts, typically from mid-April to early December.
During this time, prices for accommodations and activities are generally lower, and there are fewer crowds.
Additionally, the weather is slightly cooler during this period, with average temperatures in the low 80s Fahrenheit.
For visitors who are looking to avoid the busiest times of the year and want to save money, Aruba’s off-season can be a great time to travel.
What is the busiest time of year in Aruba?
The busiest time of year in Aruba is during the winter months.
From December to February, the island is crowded with tourists from all over the world who come to escape the cold weather at home.
The beaches are especially busy during this time, as people flock to Aruba for its beautiful sandy beaches and turquoise waters.
If you’re planning a trip to Aruba, be sure to book your hotel room well in advance, as prices will be at their highest during the peak season.
What are some tips for avoiding crowds in Aruba?
If you want to avoid the crowds in Aruba, there are a few things you can do:
Visit during the shoulder season: The shoulder season is the time between the peak season and the off-peak season. This is a great time to visit Aruba because the weather is still nice but the crowds have not yet arrived.
2. Stay in a less popular area: There are many different areas to stay on the island of Aruba. Some areas, such as Eagle Beach, are more popular with tourists than others. If you want to avoid crowds, consider staying in a less popular area such as Palm Beach or Oranjestad.
3. Rent a car or scooter: One of the best ways to see Aruba is by renting a car or scooter and exploring on your own. This will allow you to avoid crowded areas and find your own hidden gems on the island.
4. Get up early: If you want to avoid the crowds at the beach or by the pool, make sure to get up early and enjoy some peace and quiet before everyone else wakes up.
5. Plan your activities ahead of time: Many of the popular activities on Aruba, such as snorkeling and sailing, can get booked up quickly during peak season. If you want to avoid the crowds, make sure to plan your activities ahead of time so that you can book them when they first become available.
Hurricane season is the worst time to visit Aruba.
Many hotels and restaurants were closed, and the island’s airport was closed for several days.
If you’re planning a trip to Aruba, it’s best to avoid the hurricane season altogether.